Job Title: Wales Head Coach
Salary/Banding: £15,000 (Part-time annualised contract, flexible to meet the needs of negotiable performance plan)
Department: Performance Sport
Location: Wales – Cardiff (With national & international travel)
Reporting to: Head of Performance
Role Summary: The overall purpose of this role is to coach the Welsh Senior National Squad and gain qualification for the Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022 and World Cup 2023. In addition, the successful candidate will be involved in guiding and support the future direction of the national performance pathway including selection protocols, training, development and competitions.
Main Areas of Responsibility: Design and Deliver the Senior National Programme from 2020-2024.
• Develop in partnership with Head of Performance a clear qualification and competition strategy for CWG 2022 and World Cup 2023
• Create and lead a programme of training and development that is aligned to Welsh Netball’s qualification and competition strategy, from long squad selection process to national representative teams
• Lead the Senior National Squad at all Major Competitions
• Support players with individual athlete development plans, to ensure effective tracking and monitoring of player and team development and performance
• Identify appropriate international competition opportunities within the national calendar to maximise ranking point opportunities and competition experience
• Providing a first point of contact for all players in the National Senior Squad
• Contribute to the future identity and brand of the Welsh Netball performance programme to foster the culture, reward and recognition for players, volunteers and staff
• Identify and work with the Head of Performance to increase the number of Welsh athletes representing super-league clubs
• Work with Head of Performance to develop a multi-disciplinary team. The head coach will be required to manage the senior squad’s needs of physiotherapy, strength & conditioning, performance analysis, etc
• Manage the support team of coaches and team manager.
To be considered for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a supporting letter detailing why you feel that you would be appropriate for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please detail your notice period and/ or nearest start date.
For an informal conversation about the role please call Rachel Bayley on 07384114065 / email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 17 January 2020 Interviews: W/C 27 January 2020 Location: Sport Wales National Centre, Sophia Close, Cardiff, CF11 9SW.
For more information click Welsh Netball Head Coach JD Dec 2019i.