World Netball Congress is the meeting of the Membership of World Netball.
It is an opportunity for the Membership to meet with the Board of Directors to review progress and determine the priorities for the next period. Elections for the Board directors also take place at Congress.
Ordinary meetings of Congress are held once every two years usually just before the Netball World Cup or Netball World Youth Cup.
World Netball Congress 2021 took place on the 10th July and was held virtually, for the first time in World Netball’s history, due to the on-going constraints of COVID.
The World Netball Articles of Association outline the role of Congress.
The business of the meeting in 2021 included:
- A report from the World Netball Board;
- Consideration of applications of new Members;
- Elections for World Netball Vice President
- Approval of minutes from Congress 2019
- Approval of the annual accounts;
- Consideration of any changes proposed to the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- Announcement of World Netball Service Awards; and
- Dealing with any other business as determined by the Board.
Members submit items for the agenda up to 60 days before the date of the Congress.
World Netball Congress 2021 Documents can be found here.
In 2022, World Netball held a Special Meeting of Congress virtually on the 29th January 2022. This special meeting was called in order for the Board to vote on the appointment of an Independent Board Director.
Other business at the special Meeting of Congress 2022 included:
- Approval of minutes from Congress 2021
- Consideration of applications of new Members
- A report from the World Netball Board
- Dealing with other Member items put forward 45 days before Congress
World Netball Special Meeting of Congress 2022 Documents can be found here.
The next Congress will take place in 2023 at the Cape Town 2023 Netball World Cup from 26th-27th July 2023.
World Netball CONGRESS WORKSHOPS
World Netball offers a full programme of workshops for Members to attend throughout the duration of the Netball World Cup. For example, the 2019 programme included workshops on good governance, safeguarding in sport, marketing planning and communications, live streaming and broadcasting.
In 2021, due to the Congress being held virtually in person workshops were not possible. Therefore, World Netball held a series of online webinars which covered the following topics:
- World Class Officiating Programme
- Meet the Secretariat Team
- World Netball Launch
- Congress items – Changes to the Articles of Association, Member items form Congress
- World Netball Events – Netball World Cup Cape Town 2023, Netball World Youth Cup Gibraltar 2025 and Netball World Cup Sydney 2027
World Netball Congress 2019 Documents click here to view the papers
World Netball Congress 2021 Documents click here to view the papers
2022 SPECIAL MEETING OF CONGRESS
World Netball Congress 2022 Documents click here to view the papers