World Netball Congress is the meeting of the Membership of World Netball.
It is an opportunity for the Membership to meet with the Board of Directors to review progress and determine the priorities for the next period. Elections for the Board directors also take place at Congress.
Congress is held once every two years usually just before the Netball World Cup or Netball World Youth Cup.
The World Netball Congress 2019 was held in Liverpool, England on the 10th and 11th July. The next Congress will be held virtually due to the pandemic on 10th July 2021.
The World Netball Articles of Association outline the role of Congress.
The business of the meeting included:
- A report from the World Netball Board;
- Consideration of applications of new Members;
- Elections for World Netball President and Finance Director;
- Approval of the annual accounts;
- Consideration of any changes proposed to the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- Announcement of World Netball Service Awards; and
- Dealing with any other business as determined by the Board.
Members submit items for the agenda up to 60 days before the date of the Congress.
World Netball CONGRESS WORKSHOPS
World Netball offers a full programme of workshops for Members to attend throughout the duration of the Netball World Cup. The 2019 programme included the following workshops:
- Good Governance
- Safeguarding in Sport
- Regional Federation Workshop
- International Event Calendar and INF Portfolio
- Net2019 Legacy
- International Umpiring Process
- International Test Match Procedures
- Rules – Shine the Light
- Marketing Planning and Communications
- Live streaming & Broadcast
World Netball Congress 2019 Documents click here to view the papers
World Netball Congress 2021 Documents click here to view the papers