ABOUT THE EVENT
The Netball World Cup Qualifiers – Asia will run from the 3rd – 11th September, and are the third of the five qualifiers for the Netball World Cup 2023 (NWC2023), in Cape Town, South Africa.
The event will be hosted by Singapore, and will involve the hosts as well as Sri Lanka, India, Philippines, Japan, Maldives, Malaysia, Brunei, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong and Thailand.
The teams have been split into 4 groups (A-D) for the preliminary round, and the winners of each preliminary group will then make up Group E in the second round, whilst the 2nd place teams will make up Group F and the 3rd place teams, Group G.
Following on from this, Semi-Finals and Play-Offs will take place to determined which two teams finish top to be invited to the Netball World Cup 2023.
Here are the Preliminary Round Groups:
Points during the round robin will be awarded as follows:
- Win = 2 points
- Draw = 1 point
- Loss = 0 point
- Walkover = -2 points
In the event of a tie on points after round robin play, the following will take place:
- The result of the game between the two teams decides the winner.
- If teams drew the match, or if more than two teams have the same number of points at the end of the round robin, goal average will decide the placing.
- If goal average is identical goal difference will decide the placing.
- In the event of a further tie, the teams scoring the most goals will be declared the winner.
In the Semi-Finals, Finals and all placing matches draws will not be allowed.
In the event of a draw, the following will take place:
- There shall be a four (4) minute interval at the end of full time. Substitutions and/or team changes are permitted;
- Extra time shall consist of two (2) halves of seven (7) minutes each, with an interval of one (1) minute at half-time. Teams shall change ends at half-time. The Centre Pass is taken by the team entitled to the next Centre Pass;
- During both of these intervals, substitutions and/or team changes may be made;
- In the event of a tie remaining at the end of extra time, a visual signal shall be used to indicate that play shall continue until one team has a two (2) goal advantage.
HOW TO FOLLOW
One match will also take place on Friday 9th September, however this will not be streamed or ticketed, as it is just an extra repeated match taking place. The day will be treated as a rest day.
All other matches will be streamed live for free on NetballPass for International fans*.
For those in the Region, the Event will be streamed on the Netball Singapore Facebook Page except in Malaysia and Brunei where Astro has the rights.
To login to NetballPass, click here.
We will also be brining you updates on the World Netball social media channels.
*Not available live in: Singapore, Brunei, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Maldives, Malaysia, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Australia, Pakistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Korea, Nepal, Timor Leste and Vietnam
World Netball has also announced the officials selected for this event:
- Colleen Bond
- Sharon Kelly
- Vivian De Silva
- Joan Yuliani
- Jun Liang Nigel Wayne Lim
- Bee Ling Yu
- Tania Fink
- Kwan Yee Tang
- Cory Nicholls
- Regina Wing Po Wong
- Jessica Teng
- Asmawi Bin HJ Sulaiman
- Nattaphon Namta
- Lim Sze Hui Sylvia
- Eranga Sithara
Good luck to all involved!