The World Netball Coaching Advisory Panel (CAP) is now inviting World Netball Members and Regions, as well as other external stakeholders, to submit their coaching programmes for assessment, giving them the opportunity to have their programmes endorsed by World Netball for the first time ever.
Upon submission each programme will be assessed against relevant principles, with an endorsement process followed by the CAP Member assessing the programme.
Click the titles below to learn more about the principles, process, how you can submit your programme for assessment, and the Terms and Conditions now.
Each coaching programme submitted for endorsement will be assessed against the following 14 principles:
- The programme, course or workshop fits within a coach development framework including a range of learning opportunities being provided for a coach.
- The content is applicable to the time frame outlined in the programme.
- The content is current and reflects contemporary coaching practices.
- Contains the most current content around the performance component (for example, technical, tactical. physiological, psychological & nutrition), and is age, ability, and gender appropriate.
- Coach reflection is integrated within the programme.
- Pedagogical considerations are incorporated and demonstrate variability.
- Embraces and advocates the holistic approach.
- Demonstrates rules in action where appropriate.
- The programme, course or workshop outlines the relevant coaching context.
- Recognition for prior learning is evident where appropriate.
- The relevant experience and qualification to tutor the course or programme is well documented.
- The course or programme reflects action learning and shows a connection from theory to practice where relevant.
- There is an opportunity for a coach to evaluate and provide feedback on the course or workshop.
- For a course or award there is time to embed the learning, and this will relate to the assessment time frame.