ABOUT THE EVENT
The Netball World Cup Qualifiers – Americas will run from the 16th – 22nd October in Jamaica.
The event will involve hosts Jamaica, as well as Cayman Islands, Barbados, Antigua & Barbuda, Trinidad & Tobago, Grenada, St Lucia, USA and St Vincent and the Grenadines.
The event will be played in a round-robin format and draws will not be allowed.
Teams will be awarded 2 points for a win and 0 points for a loss.
In the event of a draw at full-time, the following process will take place:
- A four (4) minute interval shall be taken at the end of the fourth quarter before extra time commences. Substitutions/team changes can be made during this four (4) minute interval.
- Teams shall change ends and play will continue for two (2) seven (7) minute halves. The team entitled to the next centre pass commences play. A one (1) minute interval shall be taken at the end of the first seven (7) minute half. Substitutions/team changes can be made during this one (1) minute interval.
- Teams will change ends at the end of the first seven (7) minute half. The team entitled to the next centre pass commences play.
- If, at the end of the second period of seven (7) minutes – a Team is one or more goals ahead the game is ended.
- If the game is still drawn at the end of the second half, play will continue without a break until one (1) team has a two (2) goal advantage.
HOW TO FOLLOW
For international supporters, where rights haven’t been sold*, half of the matches will be available to watch live on NetballPass. These matches are clearly labelled ‘live stream’ in the schedule above.
For those living where rights have been sold*, the same matches selected for live stream will be available on SportsMax.*Rights have been sold to SportsMax in the following countries: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands (including Tortola), Cayman Islands, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Saba, Saint Eustatius, St. Barths, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, Saint Maarten, St. Martin, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, and Jamaica.
World Netball has selected the following officials for the event:
- Deborah Lynch
- Yvette Smith
- Chris Campbell
- Anne Marie Dickson-Lewis
- Joel Young-Strong
- Joel Brown
- Lilia Mathurin-Cameron
- Tracy-Ann Griffiths
- Terrence Peart
- Wayne Benti
- Makeba Clarke
- Michele Maynard
- Moeth Gaymes
- Kanika Paul-Payne
- O`Neil Cockburn
Congratulations to all those selected!