The Vitality Netball World Cup 2019 has won Silver for ‘Best Sports Event of the Year’ at the Sports Business Awards 2020.
The awards recognise the outstanding off-pitch achievement of those working behind the scenes in sport and for the first time in its history, the awards took place virtually on Wednesday 16th December as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.
It was announced that the Vitality Netball World Cup 2019 was shortlisted for the award back in May along with:
- 2019 NFL London Game – Raiders VS Bears – NFL
- Big Game 12 – Harlequin Football Club
- Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- India vs Pakistan, ICC Cricket World Cup – Lancashire Cricket, Emirates Old Trafford
- Obstacle Course Racing – Spartan UK and Ireland
- ONE : CENTURY – ONE Championship
- Rugby World Cup – Japan 2019 – World Rugby
- The 2019 Solheim Cup – VisitScotland/EventScotland
- Vitality Netball World Cup 2019 – International Netball Federation / England Netball
- World Darts Championship – Professional Darts Corporation
The Rugby World Cup – Japan 2019 – World Rugby won ‘Best Sports Event of the Year’ with the Vitality Netball World Cup winning silver, and the World Darts Championship – Professional Darts Corporation winning bronze.
Congratulations to all.
The Netball World Cup 2019 is the International Netball Federation’s (INF) flagship event. The 15th edition of the event hosted in 2019 in England, Liverpool was the culmination of four years of major event planning by England Netball, the Organising Committee of the Vitality Netball World Cup 2019 (VNWC2019) and the International Netball Federation (INF). The scale, stature and success of the event exceeded all expectations with over 112,000 ticket sales, 44,000 fan visits at the innovative Fan Zone and over 5.1million social and TV engagements.
More information on the Sports Business Awards and all the results can be found on their website here.